Sunday, October 19, 2008

Study Abroad Project

Most of the time, lunch break discussion subject is travelling. I listen and I contemplate...
People try to convince me to study abroad while I'm still staying with my parents. I didn't think that leaving 3 months on my own is feasible. Also, I didn't want to spend all my savings. I know many friends studying abroad in England, New Zeland, France...I CAN DO IT TOO!!

After thinking about it seriously, I think it's time to get out of the box. Now I feel stupid to stop myself from accomplishing something because of money issue. Being intellectually richer is the best compensation. I will apply for fall 2010 (my last semester) and I'm really interested going in Belgium. Why Belgium? Because one of the national language is French, so I won't be too lost. I will learn Flemish and German =)

Two years from now, I will be more prepared to write a new chapter of my life: study abroad. I would also plan to travel to London, Paris and Berlin if I can squeeze time.

I should start saving to pay rent, tuitions fees, books, food, shopping, travelling... However, the Ministère de l'éducation des loisirs (MELS) give bursary ($750-1000 CAD per month) to students who are full-time during 2 semesters prior to the exchange and who have a min. GPA of 3.0.

P.S. Anyone interested?? It would be too cool to travel with a friend =)
http://international.concordia.ca//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=80


4 comments:

CYYYNNN said...

OMG!!! Don't you remember last year when I was freaking out about studying abroad and everything!?!?! I applied to Singapore (cellphone land!!!) but sadly was rejected because of lack of references. This year, I will apply again for next year.

I will be applying to Australia.

Zuuchini said...

oooh~ sounds fun! but i don't think i can afford it. i actually thought about (IF I EVER LEFT COOP) to stop a year of study to go study fashion design HOHOHO! just a dream

Unknown said...

If it is your dream, Louizz.. then go study in fashion design =)

And like i told u connie, if u really wanna go, then go. =) I never went to belgium but it look really nice =) go visit!! hehe. actually... why dont u just go visit the whole west-europe!! XD... berlin... prague... vienna... AAAHH!!!! I WANNA GOO NOOWWWW!!! sniffles... no money..

Connie W. said...

I have to see counsellors and get advise. I just noticed that the academic calendar for fall is from mid-Sept. to mid-Jan. I'll probably miss my graduation ceremony. But it's the only semester that I can do exchange. Otherwise, it will overlap on my workterm or school term...